
Former DMK Minister K. Ponmudy on Thursday, 20 August 2026, apologised again for his hate speech against Hindus where he made vulgar remarks concerning women and the Saivite and Vaishnavite communities, saying he regretted the remarks and would not repeat them, as reported in Dinamalar.
Speaking in Villupuram, Ponmudy said a case filed against him over the remarks had been adjourned to August 28 by the court. He said he had apologised soon after the incident if his remarks had been inappropriate.
“If what I had spoken was wrong, I had requested them to forgive me. I also expressed my regret and apology to the sister who filed this case. Again, I also deeply apologize to anyone whose sentiments may have been hurt. So, this case is coming up for hearing on 28 August 2026. The order will come possibly in that hearing. I will not speak like this again. I once again apologize and express regret to whosever sentiments have been hurt,” Ponmudy said.
He said he expected the case to reach a conclusion soon and added that there would be no opportunity for him to make similar remarks in the future.
The Remarks
In April 2025, in a video, Ponmudy was seen recounting a supposed interaction between a man and a prostitute, where the woman asks the man if he is a Shaivite or a Vaishnavite. According to Ponmudy, the prostitute explains that Shaivite means “lying down position” (referencing the horizontal tilak worn by Shaivites) while a Vaishnavite means a “standing position” (referencing the vertical tilak worn by Vaishnavites).
தொட்டு பாரு…
சீண்டி பாரு…கடைசில.. அய்யா சாமி… விட்டுடுங்கையானு….
கால்ல விழுந்து கதறி மன்னிப்பு கேட்க வேண்டியது…நீதிமன்றம் ஒரு சரியன தண்டனை கொடுக்க வேண்டும்!!
கொடுக்குமா!? pic.twitter.com/Gmax7HqWqy— Praveen Kumar G.L💚🧡 (@praveen_kgl) August 20, 2026
The case concerning Ponmudy’s remarks is scheduled to come up again before the court on 28 August 2026.
Subscribe to our channels on WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram and YouTube to get the best stories of the day delivered to you personally.



